What is a HGV Insurance Policy?
If you own and intend to use a vehicle on a public highway which is over 7.5 tonne Gross Vehicle Weight then a Heavy Goods Vehicle or HGV Insurance policy is required. There are many examples of what would be classed as a HGV and these are some of them :- an Articulated Lorry, Tipper Lorry, Cement Mixers, Skip Lorry, Flat Bed Lorry etc.
Why use CRS Consultants as your broker?
CRS Consultants have been offering support and solutions as a leading Lorry Insurance broker for the last 39 years and some of our very first clients are still with us today. We only deal with the top UK insurers who we can rely on to continue to deliver very high standards, such as Aviva, Equity Red Star & Allianz. We also have specialist and highly trained staff based in the UK who can help with any query to ultimately offer you a great deal on your HGV insurance.
What do I need for my HGV Insurance Cover?
This is determined by what exactly your lorry will be used for and as such we can again tailor a product around each individual customers needs but how you are carrying your goods determine what lorry insurance cover you will require:
- Carriage of Own Goods Insurance – for the carriage of your business goods only and a typical example is a Groundworker, Scaffolder etc…
- Haulage Insurance (Carriage of Goods For Hire and Reward) – this cover will be required if you are charging to deliver someone else’s goods
HGV Insurance follows the traditional types of cover of Comprehensive, Third Party Fire and Theft and Third Party Only. All insurance policies will carry an excess – the first part of any insurance claim which you are responsible for.
Can I get cover for my HGV?
We can arrange cover for all types of policyholders which include sole proprietors, lorry business partnerships, haulage companies with operating licence, charities and other organisations.
Who is able to driver my HGV?
Just like all types of motor insurance any request can be made on your truck insurance. Insured Only, specifying named drivers or even Any Driver Over 25 years of age. Typically a Full UK HGV driving licence is required for a minimum of 2 years for that particular class of HGV and drivers who do not fit this criteria can be considered based on their circumstances.
Am I able to drive on the continent with my HGV policy?
UK HGV Insurance is the traditional contract but over the last decade or so it is becoming more regular that European use is required to deliver to multinational customers. If regular foreign use travel occurs then we can easily provide annual cover for European HGV insurance.
How many vehicles can I put on the same insurance policy?
We are a specialist HGV insurance broker and have access to the UK market for all types of policies. Our typical HGV insurance schemes are designed for policyholders with up to 5 vehicles, but do not despair we can also offer Fleet Insurance policies for businesses who offer more If you would like more information please call CRS on 01606 48521 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What extras can I have for my HGV insurance?
- Breakdown cover is available and is very much affordable when compared to the loss of business you may undertake by not delivering an item on time.
- Goods-in-Transit may be required by individual companies responsible for shipping and delivering items for other people. This is explained in more detail under the Goods In Transit tab above.
- Trailer cover can be added to cover trailers whilst not attached to the vehicle or even ones whilst attached, hired in, loaned or in storage in the depot.
For more information, please complete and send the following form and we shall contact you.