The changes include:
• An increase in the small claims limit from £1,000 to £5,000
• Fixed tariffs for damages
• The introduction of a self-service claims portal.
What this means is Insurers will no longer have to pay the legal costs for personal injury claims that have a value of under £5,000.
Instead injured parties will be expected to handle their own ‘small claim/s’ through an online portal or by paying for their own legal representation.
As 95% of personal injury cases will fall within the new small claims limit, this could cause you a major headache.
To Combat this we can arrange a fully underwritten Motor Legal Expenses Insurance (MLEI) Policy which offers
full protection should you be involved in an accident and need to make a personal injury claim.
It covers all legal fees with no upper or lower limit, meaning that you, the claimant will have exactly the same access to professional
legal advice and support as you did before.
As the MLEI Policy includes legal fees, you will receive 100% of your compensation as well as having the right resources to :-
- Fight to secure the best outcome on liability
- Arrange rehabilitation to start recovery process
- Instruct a medical expert to confirm injuries sustained
- Value compensation against medical evidence
- Claim for damaged personal belongings
- Recover any losses incurred including loss of earning
- Recover maximum compensation from the at fault party
- Translate legal jargon
- Provide an option for a second legal opinion
- Provide a second opinion re advice from underwriters
Please contact us to arrange this cover for you.